WHAT IS DETAILING?
- Unfortunately there is no standard of quality set, no special qualifications, no certification, training or special licensing required to be a detailer. Anyone with a buffer and vacuum can call themselves a detailer. Training, product knowledge and quality standards are up to each individual business owner. Unfortunately for you, most shops just pull some young kid making minimum wage off the car wash line, stick a buffer in his hands and tell him to detail your vehicle. At A Auto Detail Service, Owner Mark Mueller, a Master Detailer and expert craftsman, with 37+ years of professional experience, either does or oversees every aspect of the shops many services. All of which are Satisfaction Guaranteed.
- All of A Auto Detail Service’s detail packages begin with the ENGINEcompartment. A basic engine detail begins with a degreasing agent and then pressure washing all the dust, dirt, grease and grime away from all the surfaces. Next, a water base, non-greasy, dressing is applied to all the rubber and plastic parts to make them look like new. The dressing will be applied unless you request for this procedure not to be done. A basic engine detail is included free of charge with any interior and exterior detail package. Some people prefer to not have their engines cleaned with high pressure water. We always check with you before we do the engine, but the price does not change since it was offered free of charge initially. We do offer a hand cleaning method at an additional charge. Price will be based on condition.
- After cleaning the engine we clean and dress Tires, clean Wheels and Wheel wells. A Auto Detail uses special cleaners to accommodate all types of wheel surfaces so as not to damage the many types of different materials.
- We can also apply Ceramic Pro Wheel and Caliperto the wheels as well as painted or custom calipers that not only makes them easier to clean, but offers the best protection from the costly and irreversible spotting from Magnesium Choride. This is an additional service and an additional cost.
- Next, we Hand Wash the Exterior of the vehicle. During this process we clean the door and trunk jambs, the moldings, and weather-stripping. (All Complete and above packages include a light clay bar treatment to remove any contaminates, minor overspray, fall out to allow a properly prepared surface for paint correction and protection.) Iron X can be added at an additional charge to remove rail dust and iron contaminating particles.
- Now the Magic begins. Starting with your INTERIOR. At A Auto Detail we only do interiors one way…the right way! We are meticulous in this area as to not damage any materials or electronics! This is important because of the amount of water some other shops may use can get into areas that may cause your vehicle problems long after it has left the detail bay. Alot of other shops Charge You Less and pay their help a lot less on Interiors because they can be blasted with water and dressings, vacuumed and wiped down and they are done in short order and less time. We feel that with all the dirt and mud from the harsh Colorado Seasons, that this aspect of the vehicle is at least as important as the Exterior to our customers because that’s where You ride. Besides, we wouldn’t want all that water and silicone in our cars! We want to treat your vehicle the same as we do our own. We think this is worth a little more. We also do not use any fragrances unless requested (see Odor Elimination ) because they can affect allergies and/or be offensive to some people . We prefer to leave your car smelling fresh and clean.
- First we carefully clean the headliner, posts, visors, vanity mirrors and seat belt holders. This includes TV screens, DVD, VCR and other electronics.
- Next we Vacuum, then Shampoo AND Fresh Water Extract (This removes soap residue and dirty water and will leave it less stiff or sticky. It will also attract less dirt in the future) all fabric seats, door panels, carpets and mats . Then all the plastic and vinyl is cleaned (ALL Leather is cleaned using a Non-Alkaline, pH Balanced Cleaner).
- Finally the Dashboard, Instrument panel (Note: as little water and cleaners as possible is used in this process) screen, audio components, gauges, air vents, ashtrays, cup holders, cubby holes and console. Glove box and all other compartments are always cleaned as long as they are empty. Trunk is always vacuumed and wiped down if empty. (Heavily soiled trunk areas may require additional work sometimes at an additional charge.) Interior Windows.
- Note:dressings are only applied to plastic and vinyl upon request because the silicones can and will damage those materials. We use only Non Alkaline, Silicone Free, pH Balanced conditioners on ALL Leather.
- The final area of concentration is the EXTERIOR. This is where we “Shine”. Ha Ha. A Auto Detail Service is known as “The Buff Specialists“. Owner Mark Mueller , Master Detailer, has been detailing professionally since 1979 and personally does or makes the decisions on what needs to be done to each vehicle on an individual basis to achieve Your desired result based on your expectations, what you’re trying to achieve and of course your budget or how much you’re willing to spend.
- Basic– Engine, Clean Wheels and Wheel Wells, Hand Wash, Interior, Carnauba Wax or Spray Sealant (3-6 month protection)
- Complete- Basic Package+, Light Clay Bar, 1 Step Polish (20% light scratch and swirl removal)
- Premium- Complete Package+, 2 Step (50-60% medium scratch & swirl removal), Ceramic Pro Sport Applied
- VI.P.- Premium Package+, Iron X (Rail Dust Remover) Multi-Step Polish (90% heavy scratch & swirl removal), Touch Up Paint, Glass and Plastics Coated, Ceramic Pro Sport or choose any Ceramic Pro Package